Cathy67

Flags of Our Fathers
James Bradley, Ron Powers
Paydirt
Paul Levine
A Darkness More Than Night (Harry Bosch, #7) - Michael Connelly Amazing...maybe I should bump it up a star to coincide with the first word of this review...ok, I am, giving it 4 1/2 stars and I always round up.

Have no idea how I missed this one because I have made a concerted effort to read this series in order. I missed a good one, obviously.

The first ever Connelly book I read was Mickey Haller and read them back to back if I recall. Loved Mickey. Makes me want to sing the song, "Mickey, Mickey, you're so fine, you blow my mind, hey Mickey, hey Mickey!" Wish I could sing it for you...nevermind, no, you don't.

After falling for Mickey Haller so hard, it took me a few books to shift gears and 'get into' (figuratively speaking, of course) Harry Bosch. They were two such completely different personalities. Mickey, a piece of cake...he was easy to 'get into' (figuratively speaking, of course), easy going, witty with loads of personality. Not dark, not dark at all.

Not quite so with Harry but after about the third book, well, he did grow on me and the more about him I read, the more MC unfolded Harry's personality and the better I understood him and why (sometimes) he did what he did. Harry is a complicated fellow, very difficult to read, to understand and yes, a bit dark.

To read a Michael Connelly book after not reading one for a couple of months, is to me like seeing an old friend, where we pick up just where we left off last time we were together.

MC just keeps on keeping on with dialog, storyline, and surprises here and there. Michael Connelly has it all and I'm so glad he decided to write. So very many pleasurable hours have been spent due to his hard labor and I surely appreciate that.

A great series, Michael Connelly, with Harry Bosch still complicated, still dark and still with secrets. Can it get any better than this? Well, yeah, of course, with the next book.