Cathy67

Flags of Our Fathers
James Bradley, Ron Powers
Paydirt
Paul Levine
The Glass Menagerie - Tennessee Williams Being a southerner (Florida is in the south, folks, regardless of what the pundits say) I am not a well read southern reader of southern literature. That is unfortunate but a fact I now confess publicly.

However, I have some friends in Jeff Keeten and Mike Sullivan who are both southerners and are very well read on southern literature which, by the way, I consider a stand alone genre. Think they would agree and say the same.

Both are members of the On The Southern Literary Trail, a Goodreads Group.

I have been a neglectful southerner by not reading more southern authors and those wonderful novels many of which are considered classics. I am hoping that fact will change in the near future. But in the meantime, I'm going to take time from my valued reading hours to check out this group Southern Lit Trail on Goodreads. Been putting it off far to long now.

If you have any questions about the scope and depth of southern authors and literature, either of these fine gentlemen would be more than happy to answer all your questions.

This book, a play about a small family and their tribulations, was excellent, simply excellent. The version I read had an essay by Williams titled The Catastrophe of Success, which was excellent, also. Every word written was excellent. Needless to say I would recommend it those who are not even southern. It was excellent. So many excellents, is just not enough.