Cathy67

Flags of Our Fathers
James Bradley, Ron Powers
Paydirt
Paul Levine
Sentenced to Death (A Booktown Mystery) - Lorna Barrett Coming off a Vachss ride into the depths of despair of the human race, I needed some little ‘cozy mystery’ to get lost in. Cozy mystery is my definition of a 'no brainer' which I’m sure many cozy mystery fans would emphatically object to.

Trish, owner of the mystery bookstore “Haven’t Got a Clue” in Stoneham, New Hampshire, solves another mystery she’s not supposed to get or be involved in.

And her romance life which is important to her is picking up finally with an officer of the court, a cop, surprise, surprise; all the easier to get the crime gossip/facts for Trish and straight from the horse’s mouth so to speak.

Well, I wanted a light read and I got it here, so no complaining from me. Fast and easy; and guys, not to bother. Not to your liking, pretty positive and telling you upfront. You would get more reading a children’s book and in fact, think pre-teens girls would enjoy these simple reads.

Think I'm through with this series, just too boring for my likes.

+++++++++++++

(Cozy mystery defined: A subgenre of crime fiction in which sex and violence are downplayed or treated humorously, and the crime and detection take place in a small, socially intimate community.)

Note 1: Charlaine Harris wrote many cozy mysteries which is where I discovered the genre. Harris is the creator of the Sookie Stackhouse, True Blood series. Miss her cozy mystery characters but Harris is making a mint, I’m sure, on Sookie series so why bother with Aurora (Roe) Teagarden who at least had an interesting sex life?

Note 2: First page of reviews: Out of 30 reviews, six were one or two stars; 11, five stars, remaining mostly four stars with a couple of three stars. All but one (a man) posted by women and one, not sure of gender. That in itself says something.