Cathy67

Flags of Our Fathers
James Bradley, Ron Powers
Paydirt
Paul Levine
The Anne Boleyn Collection: The Real Truth about the Tudors - Claire Ridgway Glad this was a freebie because I would have been sorely disappointed had I paid for it. Come to find out it's a compilation of a blog written by Claire Ridgway. And it reads like a blog including silly musings such as 'can you believe that's what I did this weekend?'

If all you know about Henry VIII, the Tudors and the king's six wives is from watching The Tudors on television and seeing the movie The Other Boleyn Girl then this book might clear the air with some truths. I made a point to avoid the TV series and the movie because I was already well versed in the subject and knew I would be disappointed in something other than fact and what is documented.

Fortunately, I've been interested in the subject over my lifetime and have read numerous books by historians, so there were no surprises here.

A solid reminder though, if you are interested in history, read books written and documented by historians not one that has Wikipedia as a reference.